The United Presbyterian Church of Pottsville is looking for a part-time Organist. Do you enjoy sharing your talent with many of God’s faithful as you play one of the American organ-builder E.M. Skinner organs?
The job entails weekly practices, Sunday services and seasonal services. Come and be part of a great team of worship leaders, singers and musicians.
They are accepting applications now. Send your resume with references to: United Presbyterian Church 214 Mahantongo St Pottsville, Pennsylvania 17901
Part-Time Director of Children’s and Youth Ministry
20 hours per week, salary based on experience Forest Grove Presbyterian Church, 1856 Forest Grove Rd., Forest Grove, PA 18922 (located 5 miles south of Doylestown)
Send all inquiries to the Forest Grove Presbyterian Church Office at ApplyforFGPCYouthDirector@gmail.com.
Forest Grove Presbyterian Church is seeking an enthusiastic and energetic follower of Jesus Christ within the Reformed tradition who has a heart for children and youth and is able to relate to their families. He or she should have experience working with youth and children in a faith community setting. Computer and social media skills are imperative.
PURPOSE: To minister to the youth of our church and community; to administer, develop, and implement both children (birth – 4th grade) and youth (5th – 12th grade) ministry programs designed to meet their spiritual, social, and emotional needs, leading them to spiritual commitments and growing them as disciples of Christ.
RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to:
- Provide leadership for and function as the primary staff person relating to Children and Youth Ministries.
- Work with the Christian Education Committee in preparation of an annual budget.
- Oversee the recruitment and training of adult volunteers to serve as Sunday School teachers and youth group leaders.
- Plan and implement age appropriate activities for Middle and High School age youth that promote spiritual growth and community through fellowship, fun and faith development. Such activities might include: weekly activities, small group Bible study, retreats and service projects.
- Work with the Christian Education Committee to choose appropriate, engaging curriculum for Sunday School (preschool – 12th grade).
- Regularly attend the youth Sunday school classes and teach as needed.
- Maintain regular communication with youth, parents, the pastor, church office and the surrounding community using appropriate technology and social media.
- Attend monthly Christian Education Committee meetings.
- Engage in the life of the congregation including worship. Participation in worship leadership will be by agreement with the pastor.
- Attend continuing education opportunities as appropriate.