Resource Day sponsored by Lehigh Presbytery
September 30, 2017
Lehigh Presbytery presents a day of workshops to enhance the ministries of our congregations. The speakers for this FREE event will share their expertise and experience in the areas of stewardship, outreach, community collaboration, and development of leadership.
All pastors, church leadership and church are encouraged to attend. The workshops will be held at the United Presbyterian Church, 6750 PA Route 873, Slatington, PA. The church is handicapped accessible with ample parking. No child care will be available for this event.
Schedule for the Day
- 9:00 a.m. – Registration
- 10:00 a.m. – Morning Workshops
- 12:00 noon – Lunch (courtesy of Lehigh Presbytery)
- 1:00 p.m. – Afternoon Workshops
- 2:45 p.m. – Closing
There are six engaging workshops to choose from. Please register in advance and choose one morning workshop and one afternoon workshop.
- It’s a New Day . . . It’s a New Dollar – led by Rev. Elizabeth Utley
- Ten Things (at Least!) Ruling Elders Should Know – led by Rev. R. C. Smith
- Connecting with the Community: With Others, For Youth – led by Rev. Susan Faye Wonderland
- Church Culture: The Myth of the Good Old Days – led by Dr. Jill Peters
- Who Is My Neighbor? Building Relationship with People Outside the Church Walls – led by Rev. Dr. Joanne Marchetto
- Managing Risks Facing Your Church – led by Phil Swartley and Dick Pritts of Covenant Insurance
Please register in advance to the Presbytery office (610-391-9020 or email@example.com) so there is enough handouts and lunch for everyone. Thank you.
The Presbytery shall provide access to annual educational programs to inform and to promote the prevention of sexual misconduct. All Covered Persons shall be required to attend such programs every four years, and at a minimum must review this policy annually and attest in writing that the policy has been reviewed. Attendance and compliance records will be kept by the Stated Clerk. (Sexual Misconduct Policy of Lehigh Presbytery, adopted 25 January 2011).
2017 Boundary Training
In conjunction with our ecumenical partners, the Pennsylvania Southeast Conference of the United Church of Christ is hosting a Sexual Misconduct Prevention Workshop. Three all-day events are planned to help church leaders and members address topics that arise in your settings. These will also fulfill the every-four-year requirement for Lehigh Presbytery Teaching Elders, and be good education for others in your congregation.
2017 Boundary Training Dates (more information to follow)
It is the Penn Northeast Conference’s (UCC) turn to host. Below are your choice of dates and locations for 2017 Boundary Training.
- October 4, 2017 – St. John’s UCC, 183 South Broad Street, Nazareth, PA 18064
- October 5, 2017 – Faith UCC, 21 Faith Drive, Hazleton, PA 18202
Registration is 8:30 a.m. and the event starts promptly at 9:00 a.m. and will adjourn at 3:00 p.m. The trainer will be the Rev. Diane Wheatley from Fulton, New York.
According to the sexual misconduct policy passed by Lehigh Presbytery in 2011, ALL Teaching Elders and Commissioned Ruling Elders are required to complete a healthy boundary training:
- that is at least six hours in duration and
- conducted in person (not electronic)
- and this must happen within four years.