The Presbytery shall provide access to annual educational programs to inform and to promote the prevention of sexual misconduct. All Covered Persons shall be required to attend such programs every four years, and at a minimum must review this policy annually and attest in writing that the policy has been reviewed. Attendance and compliance records will be kept by the Stated Clerk. (Sexual Misconduct Policy of Lehigh Presbytery, adopted 25 January 2011).
2018 Boundary Training
In conjunction with our ecumenical partners, the Northeast Pennsylvania Synod is hosting a Wise Leaders training program designed to enrich both our opportunity and responsibility as leaders for Christ’s church. More than a “boundaries workshop”, this time together will benefit participants in several ways, including:
- renewing your sensitivity and awareness to safe practices as a faith leader.
- enriching your understanding of “healthy boundaries” around personal time, health and wellness.
- fulfilling our shared commitment to ministry with excellence and integrity.
- helping the Presbytery continue to be a healthy body with healthy leaders. These will also fulfill the every-four-year requirement for Lehigh Presbytery Teaching Elders, and be good education for others in your congregation.
This training program will fulfill the very four year requirement for Lehigh Presbytery Teaching Elders and will be an excellent education for others in your congregation.
- Tuesday, October 23, 2018 from 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. – St. Paul’s Lutheran Church, 474 Yalick Road, Dallas, PA 18612 (Registration Deadline is October 12th — seating is limited to 75 so register early)
- Wednesday, October 24, 2018 from 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. – Christ Hamilton United, 419 Bossardville Road, Stroudsburg, PA 18360 (Registration Deadline is October 12th — seating is limited to 75 so register early)
**THERE WILL BE NO REGISTRATION THE DAY OF THE EVENT! (that means if you show up without having registered, you will be turned away.)
COST: $25.00 per person, includes lunch.
The workshops will be led by Rev. Dr. Dee Littleton. Dr. Littleton has been the pastor of Trinity Lutheran Church in Havertown since 1987. Dr. Littleton has advanced clinical training from the Council for Relationships as an individual, marriage, and family therapist.
If you have not taken part in a workshop in the last 4 years you need to do so in 2018.
Return your registration from to Pr. Mary Gade, NEPS, 2354 Grove Road, Allentown, PA 18109 by the deadline next to your workshop choice [so arrangements can be made for lunch and materials].
Contac Pr. Gade at gro.d1542091548onysp1542091548en@gy1542091548ram1542091548 or 610-266-5101 if you have any questions.
According to the sexual misconduct policy passed by Lehigh Presbytery in 2011, ALL Teaching Elders and Commissioned Ruling Elders are required to complete a healthy boundary training:
- that is at least six hours in duration and
- conducted in person (not electronic)
- and this must happen within four years.