This committee has many responsibilities, including serving “as pastor and counselor to the ministers of the presbytery, to facilitate the relations between congregations, ministers, and the presbytery, and to settle difficulties on behalf of presbytery” (BO G-3.0307)
Class of 2018
Rev. Carol Brown
Elder Martha Cox
Elder Dru Laughman
Elder Suk Won Lee
Elder Rob Clark
Rev. Sue Marie Baskette
Class of 2019
Rev. Ed Freeborn
Rev. Greg Palmer
Rev. Susan Tindall
Elder Andrew J. Weiss
Elder Bonnie Pearce
Rev. Dr. Grace Ji-Sun Kim
Class of 2020
Rev. George Taylor
Rev. Dr. Mike Drake
Rev. Beth Utley
Ex-Officio: Marsha Heimann, Stated Clerk
- 2018 Board of Pensions Quick Facts and Dues Schedule
- Behavioral Covenant Sample
- Terms of Call Form 2018 for installed pastors
- Validated Ministry Annual Review Form 2018 – for ministers on the other roll
- Guidelines During Times of Disagreement: Seeking to be Faithful Together
- Guidelines During Times of Disagreement, Powerpoint
- 2018 Honoraria for Pulpit Supply & Moderating
- Pulpit Supply List -Lehigh Presbytery
- Interim Pastor Contract Template – approved 11/2014
- 2018 Minimum Terms of Call
- Mission Study – Lake Erie PresbyteryPastors Personnel Policy
- Pastor’s Personnel Policy -approved 6.28.2011
- Policy on Exception G-2.0504c BOO – calling temp sup 6 25 2013
- Presbytery Dismissal Policy – as amended 4.28.2015
- Possible Questions for Candidates and Those Seeking Membership
- Pulpit Supply List – 6/30/2018
- Sexual Misconduct Policy, adopted 1/25/2011
- Temporary Supply Contract Template – approved 9/2014
- Terms of Call Form, For a New Call
- Book of Order 2017-2019 – Korean
- Book of Order 2017-2019
- Book of Confessions 2016
- On Calling A Pastor Manual – Revised March 2015
- PCUSA Committee on Ministry Handbook
- PC(USA) Office of Vocation, Resources on Compensation
- Standards of Ethical Conduct
The Presbytery shall provide access to annual educational programs to inform and to promote the prevention of sexual misconduct. All Covered Persons shall be required to attend such programs every four years, and at a minimum must review this policy annually and attest in writing that the policy has been reviewed. Attendance and compliance records will be kept by the Stated Clerk. (Sexual Misconduct Policy of Lehigh Presbytery, adopted 25 January 2011).
2018 Boundary Training Dates
The Northeast Pennsylvania Synod “Essential Boundaries for Wise Leaders training program is designed to enrich both our opportunity and responsibility s leaders for Christ’s church. More than a “boundaries workshop” this time together will benefit participants in several ways, including:
- renewing your sensitivity and awareness to safe practices as a faith leader.
- enriching your understanding of “healthy boundaries” around personal time, health and wellness.
- fulfilling our shared commitment to ministry with excellence and integrity.
- helping the NEP Synod continue to be a healthy body with healthy leaders.
Their 2018 Workshops will be held:
- Tuesday, May 22nd – Bern Lutheran Church, 820 W. Leesport Road, Leesport, PA 19533 [registration deadline is May 11]
- Wednesday, May 23rd – Faith Evangelical Lutheran Church, 3355 MacArthur Road, Whitehall, PA 18052 [registration deadline is May 11]
- Tuesday, October 23rd – St. Paul’s Lutheran Church, 474 Yalick Road, Dallas, PA 18612 [registration deadline is October 12]
- Wednesday, October 24th – Christ Hamilton United, 419 Bossardville Road, Stroudsburg, PA 18360 [registration deadline is October 12]
- All workshops will be from 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- The cost is $25.00 per person, which includes lunch.
- There will be a maximum of 75 at each workshop so sign up early.
- There will be no registration the day of the event. [So we are clear….that means if you show up without having registered you will be turned away.]
- Our workshops will be lead by Rev. Dr. Dee Littleton, Pastor Littleton has been the pastor of the Trinity Lutheran Church in Havertown since 1987. Dr. Littleton has advanced clinical training from the Council for Relationships as an individual, marriage, and family therapist.
If you have not taken part in a workshop in the last four years you need to do so in 2018.
A REMINDER: According to the sexual misconduct policy passed by Lehigh Presbytery in 2011, ALL Teaching Elders and Commissioned Ruling Elders are required to complete a healthy boundary training
- that is at least six hours in duration and
- conducted in person (not electronic),
- and this must happen every four years.
2018 IRS Milage Rate
Please note that the IRS mileage rate for 2018 is 54.5 cents a mile.
Conflict happens, even in the church. A team of people has received Conflict Management Training. The outcome of this was the formation of the Lehigh Presbytery Barnabas Initiative. They have learned a variety of tools that can help congregations and pastors manage conflict in more constructive ways.
If you feel this is something you or your congregation needs, contact the Rev. Stephen Emick, Committee on Ministry Chair. Learn More…