Class of 2017
Rev. Tillie Chase, Chair
Class of 2018
Rev. Carol Brown
Class of 2019
Rev. Ed Freeborn
Ex-Officio: Marsha Heimann, Stated Clerk
This committee has many responsibilities, including serving “as pastor and counselor to the ministers of the presbytery, to facilitate the relations between congregations, ministers, and the presbytery, and to settle difficulties on behalf of presbytery” (BO G-3.0307)
- Behavioral Covenant Sample
- Form 2017 – Terms of Call – for pastors serving a church
- Form 2017-Other Roll – for minister on the other role
- Guidelines During Times of Disagreement: Seeking to be Faithful Together
- Guidelines During Times of Disagreement, Powerpoint
- Guidelines for Communal Discernment Booklet
- 2017 Honoraria for Pulpit Supply or Moderating a Session Meeting
- Pulpit Supply List -Lehigh Presbytery
- Interim Pastor Contract Template – approved 11/2014
- 2017 Minimum Terms of Call
- Mission Study – Lake Erie PresbyteryPastors Personnel Policy
- Policy on Exception G-2.0504c BOO – calling temp sup 6 25 2013
- Presbytery Dismissal Policy – as amended 4.28.2015
- Possible Questions for Candidates and Those Seeking Membership
- Lehigh Presbytery Pulpit Supply List 5.2016
- Sexual Misconduct Policy, adopted 1/25/2011
- Temporary Supply Contract Template – approved 9/2014
- Terms of Call Form, For a New Call
- Terms of Call Form 2016, Annual report for terms of call from pastors serving a church
The Presbytery shall provide access to annual educational programs to inform and to promote the prevention of sexual misconduct. All Covered Persons shall be required to attend such programs every four years, and at a minimum must review this policy annually and attest in writing that the policy has been reviewed. Attendance and compliance records will be kept by the Stated Clerk. (Sexual Misconduct Policy of Lehigh Presbytery, adopted 25 January 2011).
2017 Boundary Training Dates (more information to follow)
It is the Penn Northeast Conference’s (UCC) turn to host. Below are your choice of dates and locations for 2017 Boundary Training.
- October 4, 2016 – St. John’s UCC, 183 South Broad Street, Nazareth, PA 18064
- October 5, 2017 – Faith UCC, 21 Faith Drive, Hazleton, PA 18202
Registration is 8:30 a.m. and the event starts promptly at 9:00 a.m. and will adjourn at 3:00 p.m. The trainer will be the Rev. Diane Wheatley from Fulton, New York.
According to the sexual misconduct policy passed by Lehigh Presbytery in 2011, ALL Teaching Elders and Commissioned Ruling Elders are required to complete a healthy boundary training
- that is at least six hours in duration and
- conducted in person (not electronic),
- and this must happen within four years of the policy’s approval, that is, by 2015.
2016 IRS MILEAGE RATE
Please note that the IRS has just released the mileage rate for 2016.
54 cents a mile. Please follow the link below to read the release.
Conflict happens, even in the church. A team of people has received Conflict Management Training. The outcome of this was the formation of the Lehigh Presbytery Barnabas Initiative. They have learned a variety of tools that can help congregations and pastors manage conflict in more constructive ways.
If you feel this is something you or your congregation needs, contact the Rev. Stephen Emick, Committee on Ministry Chair. Learn More…