The Presbytery shall provide access to annual educational programs to inform and to promote the prevention of sexual misconduct. All Covered Persons shall be required to attend such programs every five years, and at a minimum must review this policy annually and attest in writing that the policy has been reviewed. Attendance and compliance records will be kept by the Stated Clerk. (Sexual Misconduct Policy of Lehigh Presbytery, adopted 25 January 2011).
2020 Boundary Training
In conjunction with our ecumenical partners, Lehigh Presbyery is offering boundary training for 2020 at the following locations:
- Thursday, March 12, 2020 from 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. – East Stroudsburg Presbyterian Church, 55 Smith Street, East Stroudsburg, PA 18301 – registration deadline February 27, 2020.
- Thursday, May 21, 2020 from 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. – First Presbyterian Church, 2344 Center Street, Bethlehem, PA 18017 – registration deadline May 7, 2020.
- Wednesday, October 14, 2020 from 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. – Schwarzwald Lutheran Church, 250 Church Lane Road, Reading, PA 19606 – registration deadline September 30, 2020
COST: $30.00 per person for PC(USA) members; $40.00 per person for non-PC(USA) participants. Fee includes lunch
This training is being led by David Olsen, who has served as Executive Director of Samaritan Counseling Center in the Albany, NY area since its inception in 1985. He holds an M.S. in counseling from Oneonta State University, an M.S.W. from the University at Albany, and a M.Phil and Ph.D. psychology and religion from Drew University.
Dr. Olsen is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker, a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, and has authored or co-authored six books, including Saying No to Say Yes: Everyday Boundaries and Pastoral Excellence.
He Presents workshops nationally on topics involving families and couples, and provides consultations to congregations, family businesses, and other organizations. He is high sought after in many areas, including boundary training.
If you have not taken part in a workshop in the last 5 years you need to do so in 2020.
To register, please send your name, address, phone, email and affiliation along with your check to Lehigh Presbytery, 710 N. Cedar Crest Blvd., Allentown, PA 18104.
For questions or more information, please contact the Presbytery office at 610-391-9020,
According to the sexual misconduct policy passed by Lehigh Presbytery in 2011, ALL Teaching Elders and Commissioned Ruling Elders are required to complete a healthy boundary training:
- that is at least six hours in duration and
- conducted in person (not electronic)
- and this must happen within five years.