2022 BOUNDARY TRAINING OPPORTUNITIES
Boundary Training is being offered through the NEPA Lutheran Synod for pastors seeking to renew the every-five-year requirement. There are three different IN-PERSON options for dates and locations in the month of May. Choose the one most convenient for you.
- Friday, MAY 13, 2022 from 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. at Friedens Lutheran Church, 28 Wolf Creek Road, Bernville, PA 19506
- Monday, MAY 16, 2022 from 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. at St. Paul Lutheran Church, 474 Yalick Road, Dallas, PA 18612
- Friday, May 20, 2022 from 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. at St. John Lutheran Church, 200 S. Broad Street, Nazareth, PA 18064
COST: $35.00 per person (includes lunch)
Instructor/Facilitator: Pastor Glen Segond
- Part-time pastor for 30 years at St. Mark’s Lutheran Church, Minisink Hills, PA
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker in PA & NJ
- Certified Employee Assistance Professional
- Certified Substance Abuse Professional
- Certified to conduct Critical Incident Stress Debriefings (worked with 9-11 survivors)
- Has worked in Mental Health for the last 30 years, current private practice in Stroudsburg, PA
According to the sexual misconduct policy passed by Lehigh Presbytery in 2011, ALL Teaching Elders and Commissioned Ruling Elders are required to complete a healthy boundary training:
- that is at least six hours in duration and
- conducted in person (not electronic)
- and this must happen within five years.
The Presbytery shall provide access to annual educational programs to inform and to promote the prevention of sexual misconduct. All Covered Persons shall be required to attend such programs every five years, and at a minimum must review this policy annually and attest in writing that the policy has been reviewed. Attendance and compliance records will be kept by the Stated Clerk. (Sexual Misconduct Policy of Lehigh Presbytery, adopted 25 January 2011).