The Presbytery shall provide access to annual educational programs to inform and to promote the prevention of sexual misconduct. All Covered Persons shall be required to attend such programs every four years, and at a minimum must review this policy annually and attest in writing that the policy has been reviewed. Attendance and compliance records will be kept by the Stated Clerk. (Sexual Misconduct Policy of Lehigh Presbytery, adopted 25 January 2011).
2019 Boundary Training
In conjunction with our ecumenical partners, the Pennsylvania Southeast Conference of the United Church of Christ (PSEC) is offering boundary training for 2019 at the following locations:
- Saturday, March 2, 2019 from 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. – St. John’s UCC, 500 W. Main Street, Lansdale, PA. Register at: https://psecbound302.eventbrite.com
- Tuesday, March 26, 2019 from 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. – First UCC, 151 S. Fourth Street, Quakertown, PA. Register at: https://psecbound326.eventbrite.com
- Wednesday, May 15, 2019 from 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. – St. Paul’s UCC, 47 S. Whiteoak Street, Kutztown, PA. Register at: https://psecbound515.eventbrite.com
- Thursday, October 3, 2019 from 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. – First UCC, 110 Route 61 South, Schuylkill Haven, PA. Register at: https://psecbound103.eventbrite.com
COST: $50.00 per person.
If you have not taken part in a workshop in the last 4 years you need to do so in 2019.
If you need more information or have questions about this boundary training, please contact:
Brea Rarick, Registrar & Assistant for Search & Call
Pennsylvania Southeast Conference UCC
484-949-8774 ext 311
According to the sexual misconduct policy passed by Lehigh Presbytery in 2011, ALL Teaching Elders and Commissioned Ruling Elders are required to complete a healthy boundary training:
- that is at least six hours in duration and
- conducted in person (not electronic)
- and this must happen within four years.