This committee has many responsibilities, including serving “as pastor and counselor to the ministers of the presbytery, to facilitate the relations between congregations, ministers, and the presbytery, and to settle difficulties on behalf of presbytery” (BO G-3.0307)
Class of 2019
Rev. Ed Freeborn
Rev. Grace Ji-Sun Kim
Rev. Greg Palmer
Elder Bonnie Pearce
Rev. Susan Tindall
Elder Andrew J. Weiss
Class of 2020
Rev. Dr. Michael Drake
Elder Lynn Ingram
Rev. Susan Tindall
Elder Gary Perna, Jr.
Rev. George Taylor
Class of 2021
Rev. Dr. Sue Marie Baskette
Rev. Ruth Ann Christopher
Elder Martha Cox
Elder Suk Won Lee
Ex-Officio: Rev. Beth Utley, Stated Clerk
- 2019 Board of Pensions Quick Facts & Dues Schedule
- 2019 Board of Pensions Benefits Plan-Menu Options & Pastor’s Participation at a Glance
- Behavioral Covenant Sample
- Terms of Call Form 2019 for installed pastors
- Guidelines During Times of Disagreement: Seeking to be Faithful Together
- Guidelines During Times of Disagreement, Powerpoint
- Honoraria for pulpit supply & moderating-2019
- Pulpit Supply List 12.26.2018
- 2019 Minimum Terms of Call
- Mission Study – Lake Erie Presbytery
- Pastor’s Personnel Policy -approved 6.28.2011
- Policy on Exception G-2.0504c BOO – calling temp sup 6 25 2013
- Presbytery Dismissal Policy – as amended 4.28.2015
- Possible Questions for Candidates and Those Seeking Membership
- Sexual Misconduct Policy – adopted 1/25/2011
- Temporary Supply Contract Template – approved 9/2014
- Interim Pastor Contract Template – approved 11/2014
- Pulpit Supply Contract Template
- Validated Ministry Annual Report Form
- Pastoral Terms of Call Form(2019), For a New Call
- Book of Order 2017-2019 – Korean
- Book of Order 2017-2019
- Book of Confessions 2016
- On Calling A Pastor Manual – Revised March 2015
- PCUSA Committee on Ministry Handbook
- PC(USA) Office of Vocation, Resources on Compensation
- Standards of Ethical Conduct
The Presbytery shall provide access to annual educational programs to inform and to promote the prevention of sexual misconduct. All Covered Persons shall be required to attend such programs every four years, and at a minimum must review this policy annually and attest in writing that the policy has been reviewed. Attendance and compliance records will be kept by the Stated Clerk. (Sexual Misconduct Policy of Lehigh Presbytery, adopted 25 January 2011).
2019 Boundary Training Dates
The Pennsylvania Southeast Conference of the United Church of Christ (PSEC) is offering boundary training for 2019 at the following locations.
- Saturday, March 2, 2019 – St. John’s UCC, 500 W. Main Street, Lansdale, PA
register at: https://psecbound302.eventbrite.com
- Tuesday, March 26, 2019 – First UCC, 151 S. Fourth Street, Quakertown, PA
register at: https://psecbound326.eventbrite.com
- Wednesday, May 15, 2019 – St. Paul’s UCC, 47 W. Whiteoak Street, Kutztown, PA
register at: https://psecbound515.eventbrite.com
- Thursday, October 3, 2019 – First UCC, 110 Route 61 South, Schuylkill Haven, PA
register at: https://psecbound103.eventbrite.com
- All workshops will be from 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- The cost is $50.00 per person, which includes lunch.
If you need more information you can contact:
Brea Rarick, Registrar & Assistant for Search and Call
Pennsylvania Southeast Conference UCC
484-949-8774 ext. 311
Registration is open for all 4 events.
If you have not taken part in a workshop in the last four years you need to do so in 2019.
A REMINDER: According to the sexual misconduct policy passed by Lehigh Presbytery in 2011, ALL Teaching Elders and Commissioned Ruling Elders are required to complete a healthy boundary training
- that is at least six hours in duration and
- conducted in person (not electronic),
- and this must happen every four years.
Please note that the IRS mileage rate for 2019 is 58 cents a mile.
Conflict happens, even in the church. A team of people has received Conflict Management Training. The outcome of this was the formation of the Lehigh Presbytery Barnabas Initiative. They have learned a variety of tools that can help congregations and pastors manage conflict in more constructive ways.
If you feel this is something you or your congregation needs, contact the Committee on Ministry Chair. Learn More…